Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to go to the Rockies for great ice climbing! There are many fine objectives in the Whistler, Pemberton and Lillooet areas every season. Join our local ACMG Guides for a day of waterfall ice climbing tailored to your goals and ability level. A private guided day of climbing is the best way to discover West Coast Ice!
- Guiding (maximum 2 climbers per Guide)
1:1 Guide/Climber ratio: $575/person per day
1:2 Guide/Climber ratio: $295/person per day
Costs include all technical Ice Climbing and safety equipment (excluding boots and crampons) and avalanche safety equipment.
Cost does not include the following cost for participants and/or Guides:
- transportation to/from course areas;
- lift access fees (if applicable);
- accommodation if required;
- food and snacks *
- personal clothing and boots/crampons are responsibility of each participant ** .
* Food snacks and drinks can be supplied if requested.
** Boot and Crampon rentals are available at local rental shops, Canada West Mountain School can help arrange rentals.
Please contact Canada West Mountain School directly to discuss the planned program and what we can assist you with.
- Whether you are looking to push your Waterfall Ice Climbing grades a bit or are new to Ice Climbing, we can put together the ideal program for you! Work on your mixed "dry-tooling" technique, learn leashless techniques, lead climbing skills or just get out on some new and challenging waterfall ice routes.
You book your own dates, you tell us what type of ice climb you want to accomplish, and we will choose climbing routes matched to your ability. Perfect as individual instruction, technique coaching, or just an opportunity to climb some challenging waterfalls! CWMS supplies all required technical climbing equipment.