This is a Private Custom 1-day Scrambling course organised by Ursula Klein for a group of up to 6 participants on July 6th, 2019. Cost includes gondola access on the Whistler/Blackcomb Peak to Peak Gondola system.
- Cost includes a full day of instruction by ACMG guides; all technical equipment such as ice axes, helmets, harness, ropes, etc; 1 regular sight-seeing ticket for access to the Whistler/Blackcomb gondola system, regularly $64. Costs do not include personal clothing and gear, boots and crampons, transportation to/from the Blackcomb Gondola base, or food.
If a participant can supply their own lift access ticket for Whistler/Blackcomb, we will issue a refund to them for the $64 cost of the ticket.
- The Canada West Mountain School Scrambling Essentials course is a 1-day course held in the alpine behind Blackcomb Mountain in Garibaldi Park. Key skills on the 1-day Scrambling course include:
- 4th class rock movement skills
- alpine hazards recognition and assessment
- route finding to avoid hazards
- basic snow travel skills including ice ax self-arrests
- techniques for fast and efficient movement in alpine terrain
- The gear required for the Scrambling Essentials course is very similar to any mountaineering trip. Please prepare your gear with the goal of reducing the weight of your pack as much as possible.
Here is a link to our Gear list for the Scrambling Essentials course - Scrambling Essentials Course Gear List