Climbing Academy – Adaptive Climbing
Designed and offered by the Canadian Adaptive Climbing Society, this clinic will introduce you to Adaptive Climbing strategies. We will share our passion for why we think Everyone Can Climb by showcasing some of the techniques and tricks that make it possible. You can take the opportunity to try these systems, and join others for a fun and community-focused climbing session together.
- This clinic is offered FREE of charge but donations are welcome. Donations can be made on-site at the clinic, or online at the Canadian Adaptive Climbing Society website.
- This clinic is designed to introduce you to adaptive climbing. We will share our passion for why we think Everyone Can Climb by showcasing some of the techniques and tricks that make it possible. You can take the opportunity to try these systems, and join others for a fun and community-focus climbing session together.
Bring your curiosity. This clinic is well suited to new or veteran climbers, those that work in the climbing industry, those who have friends or family with a barrier of some kind, or those that need some adaptations in order to make for a higher quality climbing experience.
- All Clinics will be held in climbing areas in and around Squamish, BC. Meeting location for all clinics (unless noted otherwise in the Clinic Description) will be at the Squamish Junction Park, in downtown Squamish
- This clinic is conducted by Brent Goodman, local Squamish climber, ACMG Top Rope Climbing Instructor, President of the Canadian Adaptive Climbing Society, and certified in Adaptive Climbing techniques through Paradox Sports.
All Arcteryx Climbing Academy Clinics will start at 0800 on the posted date of the event (Friday July 21, Saturday July 22; or, Sunday July 23).
Clinic participants will meet with their Instructor at the Arcteryx Climbing Academy registration zone, located in the festival and trade show at the Junction Park on Cleveland Ave, in Squamish.
Clinics will run until approximately 4 pm.
- For the Adaptive Climbing Clinic, all technical gear is supplied, but if participants have their own they are encouraged to bring it.
Clinics will proceed regardless of weather, so every participant should be prepared for a full day outdoors in any/all conditions.