The Sea to Sky communities of Squamish, Whistler, and Pemberton have requested that visitors from outside the Sea to Sky corridor postpone travel to this region until after May 25th.
- Press release from the District of Squamish here – https://squamish.ca/yourgovernment/news/essential-travel-only-to-sea-to-sky-communities-until-may-25/
- Statement from Squamish Tourism here – https://www.exploresquamish.com/explore/explore-squamishresponsibly).
As a result of these requests, Canada West Mountain School has paused all programs held in that region until further notice. During this period we continue to offer all our regular programs on the North Shore, including Navigation and Survival courses; Crevasse Rescue courses; and, Wilderness First Aid courses.
While our courses and guided activities will certainly continue to be offered throughout the Summer of 2021, we also encourage everyone to consider booking Custom Private programs if possible (https://themountainschool.com/product-category/custom-programs/). In addition to the obvious benefits of reducing interactions with people from outside your household:
- you get to choose your own dates and schedule.
- we work directly with you and your group to design a course or guided objective that is exactly what you are looking for.
- the costs per/person are often significantly reduced!
- we offer many optional services such as food planning, gear rentals, transportation services, etc.
- it is 100% your program!
For the next 3 weeks in May (until May 25th), all Squamish Rock climbing courses have been postponed, but rest assured that we have added many new dates for June – https://themountainschool.com/product-category/rock-ice/. So, once Squamish is able to safely welcome visitors back, we will have a full range of courses and guided climbing available for everyone!
Thank you for your continued patience and support, as we all deal with the slow return to normal! We look forward to seeing you out this summer – stay safe and stay healthy!