Custom Hiking & Backpacking
Canada West Mountain School has been leading Private Guided and Instructional Hiking and Backpacking programs since 1982, longer than any other Guide service in British Columbia!
Let Canada West help you plan your Custom program – whether you are looking for an Intro to Navigation or a week-long Wilderness Traverse, or develop a training program for a group or club, we can help you plan the finest experience possible in the South Coast Mountains of BC.
Custom Hiking and Backpacking programs
All programs include:
- guiding and/or instruction services
- all safety and emergency equipment
- instructional handouts as required
- full pre-trip support from our office support staff and Guides
Participants are responsible for the following (where applicable), unless otherwise arranged in advance:
- transportation costs to/from trail-head
- food costs
- hut fees, camping fees, or any other accommodation costs if needed
- any transportation fees and costs, if required
- personal equipment and clothing, unless otherwise pre-arranged
- tips or gratuities for staff and guides
Prices below are based on a per/day basis, per group.$700 per group of 5
$750 per group of 6
$125/person, per day for Private Instruction and Guiding
$140/person, per day for Private Instruction and Guiding $640 per group of 4
$160/person, per day for Private Instruction and Guiding $600 per group of 3
$200/person, per day for Private Instruction and Guiding $560 per group of 2
$280/person, per day for Private Instruction and Guiding $500 per group of 1
$500/person, per day for Private Instruction and Guiding
If you have a larger group (schools, scouts, etc) we will work with you to find alternate methods of reducing costs and still maintaining safe and effective ratios. If you want to organize a hike or training program at a higher ratio than 1:6, please contact our office directly for rates and details.
Some remote and/or challenging objectives may include extra fees for travel time, helicopter services, etc. Let us know what type of trip you are looking for and we will let you know right away if any extra costs are applicable - we won't surprise you with any "hidden" fees or expenses!REFUNDS, CANCELLATIONS, DATE CHANGES AND TRANSFERS
- Cancellations, date changes, and transfers can be made up to 2 weeks in advance of the first day of the program, with a $75 admin fee per group booking
- Cancellations, date changes, and transfers are not allowed within 2 weeks of the scheduled program date
- Canada West Mountain School, including our Guide/Instructors, reserve the right to cancel a program date at any time. In the event that CWMS cancels a program, we will issue a full refund.
- If our Guide/Instructor staff determines they cannot safely meet the objectives for the program, we will issue a full refund or re-schedule at your discretion. This decision may be made within 24 hours in advance of trip departure, due to the variability of alpine conditions
- No refunds or cancellations are available once the program has started.
- Any expenses incurred as a result of cancellation for any reason are the full responsibility of the participant unless previously arranged otherwise in advance of the program
- CWMS reserves the right to waive any part, or all of this policy at their own discretion