Mt Garibaldi, BC
Mount Garibaldi towers above the town of Squamish at 2,678 meters and is one of the most recognized peaks in the South Coast region. A dormant volcano, the finest climbing opportunities exist on the northern and eastern sides of Garibaldi, where the extensive glaciers and snowfields provide some great mountaineering.
Cost for a 2-day climbing program with 1 ACMG Guide:
- Group of 3 climbers (1:3 ratio) - $625/person + GST
- Group of 2 climbers (1:2 ratio) - $850/person + GST
- 1 climber (1:1 ratio) - $1,450/person + GST
Cost for a 3-day climbing program with 1 ACMG Guide:
- Group of 3 climbers (1:3 ratio) - $795/person + GST
- Group of 2 climbers (1:2 ratio) - $1,125/person + GST
- 1 climber (1:1 ratio) - $2,000/person + GST
All of the above costs include:
- Guiding with ACMG Alpine Guides
- all technical climbing equipment including harnesses, helmets, ropes, etc. (excluding crampons and mountaineering boots)
- camping equipment if needed
- road access fees (required for all travel to upper trailhead)
- full pre-trip support from our office support staff and Guides
Participants are responsible for the following unless otherwise arranged in advance:
- transportation to/from trail-head. The access road is a maintained but rough road requiring a 4x4 high clearance vehicle. A $100 access fee is collected on behalf of the local snowmobile club that maintains the road. Shuttle service can be arranged for added fees. Helicopter access can also be utilized for the Garibaldi climb.
- food for participants. Food prep services can be provided at an added cost if requested.
- personal equipment and clothing, unless otherwise per-arranged (see Equipment List Tab)
- tips or gratuities for staff and guide
- Please review this standard Mountaineering Equipment list. Canada West can help provide any added gear if needed - Mountaineering Program Gear List.
Please prepare your gear with the goal of reducing the weight of your pack as much as possible. Plan on using the same personal clothing and camping equipment that you would take on an overnight backpacking trip. Your Base Camp on the Garibaldi climb will be in an alpine location and exposed to the weather.
Plan for the worst which includes temperatures below the freezing level at night, and possible precipitation of rain and/or wet snow during the day. Please ensure your clothing and gear is suitable for these conditions.
The technical gear required is listed on the Gear list but can be supplied if requested in advance. In regards to communal gear such as tents, stoves, and cookware, we can also supply this if needed.