Get prepared to leave the trails behind and stand on the summits of many of the fine Scrambling objectives around British Columbia! Scrambling to the tops of our mountains often turns out to be more challenging than expected. This is where our expert ACMG Guides will work with you to develop key techniques and refine already existing skills so that you will have the confidence to safely get to the top of many mountains. This is a perfect course for club trip leaders.
- The Canada West Mountain School Scrambling Essentials course is a 2-day overnight course held in a local alpine region. Key skills on the Scrambling Essentials course include:
- 4th class rock movement skills
- alpine hazards recognition and assesment
- route finding to avoid hazards
- basic snow travel skills including ice ax self-arrests
- techniques for fast and efficient movement in alpine terrain
- The gear required for the Scrambling Essentials course is very similar to any mountaineering trip. Please prepare your gear with the goal of reducing the weight of your pack as much as possible.
Here is a link to our Gear list for the Scrambling Essentials course - Scrambling Essentials Course Gear List