Custom Alpine Instruction & Guiding
Canada West Mountain School has been leading Private Guided and Instructional Mountaineering and Alpine programs since 1982, longer than any other Guide service in British Columbia! Let Canada West help you plan your Custom program – whether you are looking to climb a specific alpine objective, develop a custom training course in alpine skills, or get a mountaineering program for a group or club, we can help you plan and deliver the finest experience possible in the south Coast Mountains of BC.
Custom Alpine, Mountaineering and Ski Mountaineering programsAll programs include:
- guiding and/or instruction services by certified members of the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides (ACMG)
- all technical climbing equipment including harnesses, helmets, ropes, etc. (excluding crampons and mountaineering boots)
- personal avalanche safety equipment if required (transceiver, shovel and probe) for each person
- group climbing and safety gear
- instructional handouts as required
- full pre-trip support from our office support staff and Guides
- transportation costs to/from trail-head
- food costs
- hut fees, camping fees, or any other accommodation costs
- any transportation fees and costs, if required
- personal equipment and clothing, unless otherwise pre-arranged
- mountaineering boots and crampons
- tips or gratuities for staff and guides
Prices below are based on a per/day basis, per group. Overnight trips add $75/night surcharge.
1:4 ratio - $700 per group of 4 people, per day
$175. + GST per person, per day for Alpine Guiding and Instruction services.
1:3 ratio - $675 per group of 3 people, per day
$225. + GST per person, per day for Alpine Guiding and Instruction services.
1:2 ratio - $650 per group of 2 people, per day
$325. + GST per person, per day for Alpine Guiding and Instruction services.
1:1 ratio - $600 for 1 person, per day
$600. + GST per person
We set the Guide to Climber ratio based on the specific Alpine objective, ranging from a 1:1 to a maximum of 1:4 ratio. Please contact our office in advance to discuss the Alpine objective you are interested in and we can help you decide the best ratio.
If you have a larger group (schools, scouts, etc) we will work with you to find alternate methods of reducing costs and still maintaining safe and effective ratios. If you have want to climb with a Guide at a higher ratio than 1:4, please contact our office directly for rates and details.
Some remote and/or challenging objectives may include a surcharge of up to $150/day. Let us know what type of trip you are looking for and we will let you know right away if any extra costs are applicable - we won't surprise you with any "hidden" fees or expenses!REFUNDS, CANCELLATIONS, DATE CHANGES AND TRANSFERS
- Cancellations, date changes and transfers can be made up to 2 weeks in advance of the first day of the program, with a $75 admin fee per group booking
- Cancellations, date changes and transfers are not allowed within 2 weeks of the scheduled program date
- Canada West Mountain School, including our Guide/Instructors, reserve the right to cancel a program date at any time. In the event that CWMS cancels a program, we will issue a full refund.
- If our Guide/Instructor staff determines they cannot safely meet the objectives for the program, we will issue a full refund, or re-schedule at your discretion. This decision may be made within 24 hours in advance of trip departure, due to the variability of alpine conditions
- No refunds or cancellations are available once the program has started.
- Any expenses incurred as a result of cancellation for any reason are the full responsibility of the participant, unless previously arranged otherwise in advance of the program
- CWMS reserves the right to waive any part, or all of this policy at their own discretion