Mt Kenya, Kenya
Mount Kenya, Africa’s 2nd highest mountain at 5,199 meters, is a spectacular massif towering above the rainforest jungles of central Kenya. We will be climbing a variety of routes on the 3 summits of Mt. Kenya based on participants experience – Point Lenana at 4,985 meters is suitable for strong hikers without any climbing experience, while Batian (5,199 meters) and Nelion (5,189 meters) summits offer more challenging climbing routes.
- $4,800 USD
Cost is based on climbing a technical route on Mt Kenya with a 1:1 guide/climber ratio on summit day.
Costs for non-technical climbs will vary based on number of people registered. Please contact us directly for more info.
Included in the cost of the trip:
- All guiding services and organization
- All food while on the mountain
- All required safety equipment
- Accommodation in huts and mountain tents
- Return ground transportation from Nairobi
- Porter support for the climb
- Use of satellite phone while on the climb
- All expedition fees and National Park permits
- Lodging before and after the climb in Nairobi
Not included in the cost of the trip:
- International travel arrangements to and from Nairobi
- All meals and beverages while not on the mountain
- Personal clothing and equipment (see equipment list)
- Medical/rescue insurance for travel in East African countries
- Visa’s and proper travel documents for travel to Kenya
- Lodging while off of the mountain (except as noted)
- Tips and gratuities for guides and porters
- Any costs incurred by travel delays, lost or delayed baggage or for any other reason
- Personal costs on and off the mountain.
Group sizes on this expedition are kept small to increase the enjoyment of all members of the team, and to improve the chance of success for all.