The Team is moving up the mountain today on their summit bid!
John and Bill have left Base Camp and are heading up to Camp 2 for today, May 8. Their schedule is:
- May 9 they plan to climb to Camp 3 on the Lhotse Face
- After a night in C3, they will move up to C4 at 7,750 meters, on May 10. They should arrive to C4 at the South Col in early afternoon on the 10th
- May 11 they will leave for the summit attempt late in the evening, most likely around 10 pm.
- Early in the morning of May 12th they hope to be on the summit of Mt Everest and then back to C4 for teh afternoon.
- May 13th they will descend back to C2
- May 14th back to Base Camp
This schedule is of course dependent on the weather. The current forecast looks good for the period from May 10-12, so we will all keep our fingers crossed!