Cancellations and Transfers Policy
Please read the following Policy for Cancellations and Transfers carefully prior to booking your program! We recommend purchasing optional 3rd party Trip Cancellation insurance to protect your investment with us in case unforeseen events cause you to be unable to attend a program you are registered in.
Programs 6 days or LESS in length (includes all 2-day courses)
- Cancellations 14 days or less before the start of the program are not eligible for refunds
- Transfers are not allowed within 14 days of the start of the program
- Cancellations or transfers made 15 days or more before the start of the program will be refunded/allowed, with a $30.00 administration fee
Programs 7 to 13 days in length:
- Cancellations or transfers made 30 days or less before the start of the program are not eligible for refunds.
- Cancellations or transfers made 31 days or more before the start of the program will receive refunds for the amount paid, less a $75.00 administration fee.
Programs 14 days in length or MORE:
- Cancellations or transfers made 60 days or less before the start of the program are not eligible for refunds.
- Cancellations or transfers made between 90 days and 60 days before the start of the program will receive 50% of the program fee refunded.
- Cancellations or transfers made 90 days or more before the start of the program will be refunded for the amount paid, less a $100.00 administration fee.
Custom Programs and Expeditions:
- Each Custom Program and Expedition will have separate cancellation policies – please ensure you discuss this with our staff at the time of the booking
- On all programs, Participants may replace themselves with another person at no cost, provided the new participant meets all pre-requisites for the program
- CWMS, at their sole discretion, reserves the right to waive all or part of the Cancellation/Transfer fees
- Canada West Mountain School (CWMS) reserves the right to cancel programs at any point and refund any fees collected.
- All expenses incurred because of a program cancellation, regardless of reasons, are the responsibility of the registered participant.
Unless noted otherwise, fees cover the cost of Guiding and Instruction, specified safety/technical equipment, Land Use permits, Guides expenses, course materials and certifications where applicable. Costs do not include food, transportation, accommodation, or personal equipment on most of our scheduled programs, unless noted on the program page.
Some programs include an evening class session in advance of the program. These sessions are an integral and essential part of the learning experience on these programs. When you enrol, you will receive an information package detailing when and where your classroom session will take place (if applicable). If you cannot attend an evening or classroom session, please let us know in advance so that we can make alternate arrangements with you.
Prerequisites & Joining Policies
Our programs are open to anyone of average health and fitness who meets the specific prerequisites listed. Prior arrangements are required for participants under 16 years of age; these can be set up through the office before registering. Those under 19 years of age must have parent or guardian approval. CWMS reserves the right to refuse a participant for any reason, including inadequate clothing or equipment, inappropriate fitness level, or inability to meet program prerequisites. All participants must sign a release form before participating in a CWMS activity.